Is your leather bag in need of care, but wondering which maintenance products are suitable? At SoDutch we use two types of leather for our bags, namely Raider and Raider-oragon. Both varieties are fed with wax and oil. This provides natural protection for the leather. The difference between the two types is that the Raider oragon has been sanded one more time, creating a drier, robust appearance.
The following applies to the SoDutch bags: the colors black, cognac and green are from Raider leather and the other colors in our collection are from Raider-oragon.
Our six golden tips:
- It is always advisable to spray your bag well in advance with a dirt- and water-repellent aerosol. This will add an extra protective layer over your bag and less dirt will absorb into the leather.
- Raider leather: Use a transparent wax, with this you can get the leather back almost in its original state.
- Raider-Oragon leather: Wipe the bag only with a slightly damp cloth. Do not use transparent wax with this leather.
- Aggressive cleaners and too much water are not recommended. This can cause discoloration or stains.
- Did you know that you can largely polish away minor scratches and damage with your finger?
- And did you know that you can reheat the Raider wax layer (for example with a hair dryer) to regain the original color?
Doubt? Ask us for advice.